HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - for all your scope questions and ideas, i would like to just help
Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 AM
bugsNbows
Nontypical Buck

Bubba, not to tinkle in your corn flakes, but your thoughts may be somewhat limited. There are many considerations that must go into scope selection. Obviously price, but additionally: intended usages, size/weight desired, color (matte, gloss, silver), reticle selection, focal plane desired, variable vs.fixed powers, durability, tracking and/or repeatibility, lens quality and coatings, warranty/ customer service, etc.

Swarovski's are indeed good. I have two. However, in your statements, are you referring to the Z-6, Z-5 or Z-3? The older AV 's are great also.

The new Leupy VX3 (I have one) is indeed a step up over the older VXIII. They are pretty much on a par with the Conquests (I have one) now...IMO.

I like Nikon's o.k., but I also have Bushy Elites, Sightron Big Sky's and have been impressed with Vortex Viper's. I've had Burris Sig Selects, Kahles CL's and others more closely described as entry level units. Top end units like Zeiss Diavari, S&B, US Optics, and Nightforce NXS are GREAT but pricey. Whatever lifts your skirt man. There is not one, perfect scope right for everybody all the time.