HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you want a good blind that wont break the bank..
Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 AM
thehairlessone!
Typical Buck

Thumbs up If you want a good blind that wont break the bank..

Check out this one by the new company rhino labs. They are great. Very comparable to the double bulls and I actually think they are better in several ways.

They are cheaper than the double bulls plus they have brush loops, a better carrying case and I think the window setup is better too myself. They also have the corners reinforced to wear longer.

They have some kind of treatment on the fabric to slow down the UV rays. The fabric is better too in my opinion.

I thought I was going to be very impressed with this rhino blind and I am.

There are many things about this blind that I actually prefer over the double bulls. There really isnt anything I dont like about it. I was worried the hubs wouldnt be of good quality and the zippers would be cheap but they arent.

They are aluminum hubs I think. Very similiar to double bulls and they zippers are very heavy duty. Much better than the ones ameristep uses.

Here is the carrying case. Notice it has padded straps which is a big improvement over some of the other companies bags. It also has a pocket to keep your stakes which are included.

More pics to come.Here is the blind. Notice it is the deception camo. It is very similiar to the all purpose pattern double bull used to use a couple years ago that was so popular.

One thing I forgot, the bag is a little oversized so it is really easy to get the blind in & out of the bag unlike some of the others I have used.

If you look closely you can see the brush loops that are sewn in. It is a nice touch.

I cant really think of anything I dont like about this blind. Like I said, the fabric is very high quality maybe even better than double bulls.

The smaller windows do have magnets and zippers which normally I wouldnt like but I think they work very well with this setup. If it is too windy outside you would zip them most of the way shut so they couldnt blow open but you would be able to quickly unzip them and shoot out of it as long as the animals werent really close.

I personally like the magnets on the window flaps because you can personalize the windows more the way you like them. One thing I think is a big improvement over some of the other blinds with matrix style windows.

This one doesnt have just 4 small oval windows on the opposite side. It has like 6 big triangle shaped windows so you would have alot more viewing and shooting windows. It also has a couple gear pockets on the inside.

The window flap for the huge window is also split in half with magnets so you dont even have to open it all the way up if you dont want to. You have alot more options with this blind than the others I have seen on the market.

They obviously put alot of time and thought into it.

Here are a couple pics with my new rack pack and the blind. It is incredible how comfortable it is when carrying stuff.

hope this review helps.

rick
Attached Images