HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about hunting in the military
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 11:08 PM
BigBuckBlues

Default Question about hunting in the military

Hey guys, new at this site and looking forward to learning from some experts because...Im just dang sho not.Haha.But I need some feedback on some stuff and I preciate any and all I get.I got three passions in life God, my freedom, and being in the outdoors!The majority of time I spend in the outdoors is either hunting or fishing.Ive recently been thinking about joining the Air Force and assuming they want me, Im game.I'm worried about many things from the job assignment, to being deployed to just how bad basic is going to suck, but the one thing I can stop thinking about is...Am I going to be able to hunt if Im stateside!?!I know its relative to the state I'm in and such, but how likely is it that Im going to be able to hunt even if Im in a place where I can?Are you allowed to keep a shotgun/rifle on base?I plan on staying in the barracks.I know here at fort rucker and up yonder at benning they got management area you can hunt on for civilians and I assume active military but I dont know that.Is that typical among bases?If someone could break this down as to how this would work if at all please just holler at me on here.Id greatly appreciate it.