HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever used a bucks tarsel glands,to get deer to follow you?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

Sort of. I keep the "wet" tarsal glands off any bucks I kill and any I can scrounge from my buds' kills. Only those that are really oiled up though. I freeze all but the one I am using. What I do is use the tarsal to rub sapplings and overhanging limbs near or above mock scrapes I make with deer pee I collect as well. Then I hang the tarsal up wind and off to the left side of my set-up, at about 30 to 100 yards away, and in clear view of my stand. I am right handed so it is easier for me to swing to my left. I have had many, many younger bucks and lots of does come to visit these mocl scrapes, and occasionally had bucks come in looking for obviously searching for the "owner" of this scent. It has not happened all that often. Maybe 1-2 times a season. But every time it has been a the more mature bucks and several of those times a very nice shooter. As for "trail", I make a drag-rag using the deer pee I collect. Not so much as an attractant, but in hopes of covering up some of my trail's scent.