HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - some fish
Thread: some fish
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 AM
m.t.hands
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: some fish

Keith, you andI are the only onesI know in the south that eat jacks..everyone I've talked to refers to them as junk fish..good ole chain
pickeral

eghwww, i was talking about sauger[:-]

PS Keith...you may not beleive it but Rapala's mechanical spring scale is the most accurate I've found...it sells for 9.99 at Warmart..I have a professional post office scale as well that I use for ebay...and the ole Rapala is dead right on to the ounce.. I've had it for at least 5 years.
i like my electronic scale just fine, i mainlyuse it for culling purposes any way, after that somebody else is gonna be weighing them

I went to guntersville a couple weekends ago we caught one at the state park and that was it we usually catch more near Morgans cove.What kind of bait did you catch them on?
guntersville seems like right now is feast or famine, went thru. and caught five fish all day[&o]...sunday afternoon sarted really slow, but we ended up on fire catching them mainly on 6" zoom watermellon lizard, both texas rigged and carolina rigged, in 9'-12',,, also caught a ton up top on pop- "R"'s [8D] mostly 12-15" fish though[:@]... i mainly fish creeks up river from siebold up (south sauty, boshart, north sauty, jones, town creek, mud and raccoon) caught these out in front of mink creek old river ledge...