HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how do i shoot with a scope?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Brooklyn

Default how do i shoot with a scope?

not sure if this is the correct forum or not feel free to move it if it's not in the correct location...

anyway i recently bought a Remington 700 with a Nikon Buckmaster scope and i can't shoot to save my life with this thing. i always shot with a peep sight, learned with a peep and always knew how to use them. when i bought my new rifle i was talked into a scope by friends and the salesman but i've found i hate it. i am use to focusing on a clear front sight post on a fuzzy target and blurry rear site apeture. with this scope i see nothing to zero in on, it has crosshairs but i don't see a dot or anything to align a rear site apeture with.

please help i am not too proud to admit i have no idea how to use this thing, i can take two rifles to the range the one with the peep sight i can fire 5 shots in a2 inch group from 100 yards, the rifle with the scope i fire 5 shots in maybe an 8inch group from 100 yards. (i'm not a great shot just a serviceable shot and i'm ok with that)...

my rifle has already been set with a scope, can i now go back to a peep sight? or am stuck with this scope? if i'm stuck with it someone please tell me how to use it, sometimes the crosshairs look blurry sometimes they're crystal clear, am i firing when they're clear on a blurry targert? or when the crosshairs are blurry on a clear target?

Thanks...