HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DEER HUNTING STORIES? (true) what not to do
Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Centaur 1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DEER HUNTING STORIES? (true) what not to do

ORIGINAL: J The Deer Slayer

Always know whats behind you're target. I know a guy who shot out his kitchen window with a 308. He said he was walking up his driveway from the lower part of his land right before dark. A deer runs out of the clearing going across the driveway, he shoots at it while its running and the bullet could of killed someone standing at the sink. [&:]
My best friend and hunting buddy was shot and almost killed by someone who did this same thing. He was walking with the guy who shot him, and when he got to his stand, he stayed and the other guy kept walking. When the other guy got to the far side of the field 137 yards away, a doe ran between them and he started shooting. The jerk was shooting at a running doe at over 100 yards with 12 gauge slugs right at a guy that he dropped off on stand. The kick in the ass is that if he missed my buddy, he would have hit his own house. There isn't a deer out there that's worth risking anyones life over.