HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Open Sights look cool
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:32 AM
liberty1743
Spike

Default Open Sights look cool

Okay, I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this, but open sights look cool! I'll probably get even more flack for this: I think virtually all rifles should have them.

Don't get me wrong; I love optics and I have them on all of my rifles. They make most of us better/more human hunters, and they are incredibly durable. With that said, however, they are not indestructible.

Okay, you can have a backup rifle or scope on hand, but what if the sh*t hits the fan? I'm talking aboutthe somewhat worse-case scenarios: depression, civil war, nuclear holocaust, meteor hits the earth, etc...

In the worst-case scenarios, manufacturing has all but ceased, people are foraging for gun parts, and relying on weapons to hunt and defend themselves from god knows who or what.

When and if the sh*t does hit the fan (which seems like a historical certainty), you may never return home for your gun collection/stash of optics.

I’d feel better knowing there is plenty of reloading equipment stashed all over the place along with rifles that will at least have open sights. I think they look great, and they’re the constant reminder that you always need to be prepared and that you always need to be able to defend yourself and your country from governments foreign and domestic. They’re not expensive, so why not?

Manufacturers will not include them, however, if there is no demand. What do others think?