HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need help with GA whitetail
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
travis_E
Spike

Default Need help with GA whitetail

I just signed up on a lease this year in south east GA close to the town of Hoboken, GA... I live in FL now and am originally from WV. So my problem is I have no idea how to hunt this land... the land I'm hunting on is flat land and is a pine tree farm owned by a loggin company and I have no idea about how to scout these areas or what to look for other than the norm such a trails, scrapes, rubs (all I have found so far is trails)... not sure what the deer here use as a food source being that there is mostly just pines. Anyway if anyone has any insight on how and where the best places to setup a stand on a property like this or how to go about scouting it PLEASE HELP! the land has dirt roads going all around the property and I was thinkin about settin up on one of the dirt roads where a trail comes through and maybe put a through feeder and maybe some mineral licks out... other than that I dunno how predictable the deer on this type of property are... anyway here’s a pic of what all the land pretty much looks like:
http://www.progressiveforestry.com/i...county_600.jpg
the property is several hundred acres
Thanks for any help!