HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public Land Hunters - Did you start scouting new stand sites yet?
Old 06-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Never Happy
Spike

Default RE: Public Land Hunters - Did you start scouting new stand sites yet?

Most of the places I hunt are states away.... They are internet scouted... They are always public.. and are in states where one can actually hunt for the deer.... Here is WI there really is no reason to waste valuable time scouting a deer.. You can scout ,,pin point,, and have the deer pegged a daily routine... and then some one dumps a pile of feed out behind their shack .. or some one decides to drive up to theirhunting land and dump bait at their standsand completely changes any pattern you may have spent countless hours to figure out..

Thn the next thing you know the deer you had been scouting gets wacked behind a cabin at the feeder...

So,, No I don't wastesecond scouting deer where thelaws dictate the deer are the hunters.. I do internet scout the public lands we plan to hunt inthe winter and create topos for our fall hunts in states that allow you to actually hunt for the deer as opposed to the deer hunting you anda feed pile.Way too many variables to waste time scouting in areas like that... May as well just pick your spot and dump your feed .. Walla.. Your hunting

NH