HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade Mineral Recipes
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:30 PM
hellohunting

Default RE: Homemade Mineral Recipes

I have been in the Outdoor industry for about 9 years now.I still film TV shows as a free lance job. I have worked with companies like the Whitetail Institute of North America and I have learned a lot on minerals.I have been given so many different minerals to try on the land we film on here in Alabama and I have to say that after the past 3 years there has been no better mineral than the Trophy Rock. And yes it might be a little pricey but when you buy one compared to buying all the other bags of salt and things to make up the mineral site you have spent more money on all the others than you have the Trophy Rock.The average cost for it is around $15.00 and that's not much. I would suggest putting one rock out to every 75 acres.Bucks will hit the rock very hard rite when they need it the most in the spring and throughout the summer. Even though minerals are healthy for a deer by helping them digest the foods they eat and it also will help them get the dirt minerals from the natural ground where they dig. A mineral is put out a lot in the winter all over North America and deer really don't consume a whole lot of it like they do in the spring and summer months. A deer is like a human in many ways. Are you going to eat ice cream in -2 degree weather outside or would you rather eat it in 100 degree weather outside. Deer are going to consume the carbs they need in the winter months and the minerals in the hotter or warmer months.