HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mathews monster....SWEET.......
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mathews monster....SWEET.......

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I know that Mathews makes a high quality bow but IMO the monster and the monster XLR8 is everything I don't want in hunting a bow.

They are extremely top heavy,
They have very short brace height that necessitates a string stop to keep the string out of your arm and/or clothes while hunting and practicing,
Though not as bad as some other speed bows the draw is very agressive and the valley very short,
The extreme reflexed riser makes the bow very unstable and very torquable (this would apply to the reezens as well).
I (as well as MOST of the Mathews guys I know) feel exactly the SAME way as you do. The Monster is about as far from a "sweet" bow as anything I've ever seen. It's a Monster alright. It's a different bow from Mathews and one that I hope we don't see much more of in the future.

My vote for the best hunting rig from Mathews is still the DXT.

My vote for best shooting bow rig of the YEAR..... goes to the BowTech Admiral. That thing is simply amazing to shoot and would serve as an awesome example to all the other companies of what a super "sweet" feeling bow should be. WOW, that hurt my Mathews butt to even say that! [&:]
I agree except that I would pick slightly different bows than you did but very close though. I'd vote for the switchback XT as being Mathews best hunting bow to date and would vote for the Captain from Bowtech as all around hunting bow of the year.