HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - qdm=loss of hunting skills?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2003, 11:29 AM
NorthJeff
Typical Buck

Default RE: qdm=loss of hunting skills?

VT, always glad to be hated!

I think in general, where you have quality hunting, whether it be state mandated, group or individual initiated, or just plain luck, tresspassing is even further frowned upon.

I' m a real estate appraiser by profession, and there is definately a trend towards paying a premium price for great deer property. Couple that with the fact that prices per acre, compared to wages, has increased so dramatically over the past 20 years that land is simply far too expensive to own, pay taxes on, take care of, to have some low life tresspasser come in and take advantage of you.

I personally, from when I was 4 years old and was required by my mom and dad to go to the local neighbors at the pond and ask for permission to fish, with signed index cards, NEVER stray on someone elses land unless I ask first, especially to hunt or on purpose for that matter.

Around here, just 13 years ago, and 80 acre parcel was 1/8th of my dad' s 1990 salary. When he retired in 2000, and 80 acre parcel was EQUAL to my dad' s 2000 salary. Taxes are also reflective of property values, so not only has the cost per acre increased substantially, but taxes have as well.

I guess bottom line: The more it' s worth, either in quality or price......the more you care!

VT, by the way, does that mean you' ll become a member of the QDMA now!, since your an ardant supporter and all!?

Jeff...U.P. of Michigan