HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5: Team Overload Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 02:32 PM
lrhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Also I forgot to mention that I went along for a ride along with my mom's bf who is a Sheriff's Deputy. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to pursue a law enforcement career and wanted to get a taste of it.

Night was going good. About 1:45 in the am we pull over a car that happened to have a couple underage drinkers in it (thank God I didn't know any of em). So he's in the process of writing citations and had to go back to the car to get some more info from one of the kids. I'm still in the passenger seat. He gets to the curb and notices a car not moving to the next lane (this is a double lane road with a median in the middle). He starts screaming at the car to stop but it never does, he yells to hang on and bang! The mother f-er hits the squad car. His car was smashed pretty good. His radiator was cracked and leaking everywhere. The squad car was damn near still mint. The fender was a little caved in but still damn good for being hit by a van going 35mph.

I was fine besides a little back pain. The guy that hit us blew a .14. Absolutely crazy night. It was awesome tho. I love the action of the job and getting to interact and help people. Beating the hell outa Crown Vic's and carrying guns is nice too. [8D]