HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - this sucks! its like killing me
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 04:52 AM
fishguts
Spike

Default RE: this sucks! its like killing me

ORIGINAL: bayou_buckslayer

Well Ive been hunting with my family since i was 7...And my family (on my dads side) Have been hunting at our hunting club since my dad was realy young. We have leased the land for a while. We've already lost alot of land cause we couldnt afford to buy the land. Well the most beautiful part of the woods the "bottom" is being leased right under us. Which we all know isnt fair. Me and my dad are extremely pissed...For 1 its not fair to lease right under somebody..And to me its not just like taking woods away from us its like a big part of my childhood. These woods are so beautiful theyre gorgeous. But after years and years of leasing somebody leases it under us..I know we shouldve purchased these woods but we dont have the money..I would be less aggervated if they didnt lease right under us. Im just realy disappointed. The family memories there in the woods are being taken away. Sure we still have some property left but i think in time that to will be taken away. Thats why I say we need to make a move to buy to keep the rest of out property we still have...
You're right, it isn't fair that someone was willing to pay more than you, so keep on hunting it.In fact, bring all your family and their friends just to prove your point. Strength in numbers, you know. You've had it for so long, it's practically yours, anyway. Heck, most people who lose hunting land keep on hunting it because their dad and their dad's dad hunted it. Tradition, you know. You might get harassed by those mean bullies who think they have the lease now, but they'll learn.