HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Show Me Your Man Caves
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Gut Check
Fork Horn

Default Show Me Your Man Caves

Ok guys...it's been a little boring since ending hunting season. Wanted to see some man caves. I recently finished my basement and wanted to see some others man caves. It took me about a year to complete. Worked on it on and off with a friend and am pretty happy with the end result. Still have some work to do with furnishing it but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Here are some pics of the bar area. Everything was custom built including the cabinets. I used cherry wood and I am replacing the bar doors with smoked fluted glass. Still need to get bar stools to complete the bar. It's a shorter fall now from a folding chair when there are too many beers consumed.

Here are some pics of the theater room. The color is actually theater red and is much darker than it appears. I still need to put up some track lighting. I haven't found any that I really like yet to accent the room.

Here's a pic of the future rec area. Looking to buy a nice Texas Hold'em table. Need to paint the window trim black as well. Weather is nice enough to do it now just need to find the time. The fitness equipment will be going in the office when I get the table.

Here is a pic of the staircase. Trimmed out in cherry to match the bar area. Still need to get furniture for sitting area.

This is my office. Still need a desk, shelves, etc...

Here is the unfinished portion. Have about 500 square feet left for storage, tools, and hobbies.

I was real nervous going with black trim but overall I am very happy with it. Let me know what you think.

Still some work to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.