HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any one know how to get a sponser?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 02:26 PM
magicman54494
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

ORIGINAL: PenguinLuke33

I am a younger guy looking for a sponsorship from a hunting company. I know nothing of how to obtain a sponsorship or how guys get on the shows. I am so far a successful hunter that follows all the rules since I have learned all my knowledge from twoolder men. Both of these men were hunter education instructors and one wasa gun instructor in the army. If you have any information on this please email me at [email protected], thanks

PL33, You are asking for a job just like every other job. These are the things I believe your boss would like to see in you.
1. personality
2. appearance
3. great people skills (especially in the field your looking at)
4. proper grammer (I believe this topic has been covered)
5. knowledge in the products you will be representing.
6. enthusiasm
7. dedication
8. ability
9. experience
I think you get the idea. Look at this list item by item and decide how you can get better at each. When you think you are ready, start contacting people in the industry and tell them you want a job. Ask for advice as to what they are looking for and how you can improve your chances. Be willing to start at the bottom, remember, it's not what your doing but who you are rubbing shoulders with. The shows are a good place to talk to a lot of people in the industry on the same day. Be polite but assertive and confident. If this is what you really want then never give up and keep trying. There are many stories where people have been rejected many times before they became successful. Best of luck to you. If you REALLY want this you can make it happen.