HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who takes this shot on an Elk
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Muliefever
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who takes this shot on an Elk

Well now that we have estalished that we are all "Bowhunter's"......

Yes we all need to unite as one force to battle the anti's! And the anti's do hate us all. But I can promise you one thing.. Regardless of how bad they hate us all. They do in their crazy ass minds have a nitch that may resemble ethics. And they hate hunters who make unethical higher probablity type shots. Way more then someone who atleast tries to make it as ethical and as fast and clean of a kill as they can.

There are many opinions throughout our online community. Are mine right, no, not to some people. Are yours right, no. not to some people. However, at the end of everyday, I can hold my head up high knowing that I chose not to be a poor sport. I chose to be a sportsman, a bowhunter who 's sole purpose in life is to get close to my quarry, in his house, and take a the absolute best shot that I can. Here is the kicker.... IF I DO NOT GET THAT SHOT.. THAT ANIMAL WALKS TO LIVE ANOTHER DAY! WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT? I WOULD NOT MAKE A DESPERATION SHOT FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS, JUST BECAUSE I CAN HIT A PIECE OF PAPER AT 80 YDS........

DB, I do apologize if you thought I attcked you. Truly. It is not fair to hold someone else to your personal standard of living, or "code of ethics". The way I choose to live my life is not for everybody. With that said, your pro buddy is still a jack ass for making that shot. We aren't friends. But I am proud of you, you realized throughout this duscussion, that a long shot is NOT ethical. Expecially, on a big ol elk.