HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any one know how to get a sponser?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 PM
fishguts
Spike

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: fishguts
Really? Sounds pretty discouraging to me. What happened to "follow your dreams" and "PMA"?
Notice how he didn't make fun of a high school kid in one of his first 15 post? Did you notice that he gave words of encouragement and wished him luck?You got issuses dude! If you have kids of your own, I hope you don't kick 'em in the nuts every morning to help them be successful! LMFAO

Edit-I never said "follow your dreams" but I like it. PMA was the first thing we taught in our training. The second was to stay away from and not to listen to negative Sally's like yourself.
Actually, Lucky, both my kids are straight-A students, both are captains of their respective sports teams, they are accomplished musicians, my 15-year-old is close to becoming an Eagle Scout, they brush their teeth twice a day and their rooms are clean. I bet they can shoot better than you, too. And they both knew how to spell sponsor when they were in third grade because when they got it wrong, I corrected them.
They are great kids not because I told them to "keep a positive mental attitude," they are successful because I make sure they know how to listen, respect others (They don't call people a-holes, Sally, or anything else just because they can't come up with a meaningful argument.), spell correctly and write and speak in coherent sentences. Kids like Luke and my children do much better in life if they havethose and other basic skills. While you tell your kids to "keep a positive mental attitude" I'm busy making sure they can communicate effectively. When an employer recieves a dozen resumes and 11 are riddled with poor grammar and misspelled words while one is coherent, who do you suppose will get the job? The one with the "positive mental attitude" or the one who can write a proper sentence?
By the way, why don't you offer our friend Luke something besides a meaningless, hollow phrase? How exactly do emptywords actually help someone? Let's hear your advice for getting sponsors. And for the record, if you would actually bother to read my original post, you won't find anything that remotely makes fun of Luke. Tough? Yes. Honest? You bet. Kids gain so much more confidence and self-respect if people have the guts to tell the truth and offer real advice instead of offering empty words like "keep a positive mental attitude."