HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any one know how to get a sponser?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Colorado Luckydog
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any one know how to get a sponser?

ORIGINAL: bryant1

I have an alternative for you if your dream doesn't work out- study hard, make great grades, and find some kind of workwhere you can take off alot during hunting season.Mydad worked hard at our family business for 30+ years, and now hehunts every morning andmost evenings of deerseason.My good friend manages his father's palm tree business and they both hunt everyday of hunting season too. I takeoffwork and hunt about a 1/3 of the deer season too.

Ithink it's fine to have dreams and aspirations of hunting everyday; I did when I was your age too. In reality though, I would bet only a select few in the business make enough to be worth it. The constant traveling, being away from your family, possible short career[>:], etc. would not be worth it to me. Agood work ethic with possibly a college degree will get you alot further most of the time.

I don't mean to crush your dream, I'm justgiving you a alternativeroute if that does not work out. Hope to seeyou on TV one day!Also remember to include some deer dog hunting on 1 of your shows....
Advice worth listening to. Probably the best yet.