HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5: Team Overload Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 08:16 AM
lrhuntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

We'll guys, add another to the meat pile. Got this guy at 6:05 this morning.

Had 3 toms behind me about 150 yards gobbling there heads off. They quit about5:45 and so I just sat there waiting to see what would happen. About 6:02 I hear what I thought was a gobble out in the field, now the sun is up so I can barely see. I threw the bino's up and saw that it was a tom.

I had no dekes out nor' was I calling at all, yet this guy was making a b-line right to me. How perfect would this be, I thought to myself. He gets down in a little nole and I give a fewyelps on my Primos Piggyback and 30 seconds later I see his head coming over the hill.

Now he starts gobbling his head off letting the "hen" know he's here. He keeps coming my way and at about 30 yards he must have seen my gun reflect the sunlight and starts putting and getting nervous. Now or never I said and leaned outa the way of a tree and gave it to him. He hit thedirt like Smoking Joe Frazier. I let out a sigh of relief and ran to grab the bird. Part 1 of the 2009 season is done, still got next week to put another one down.

He comes in at 18lbs, 10 1/2 beard and 1" spurs. Your score is 18 + 10 + 10 + 21 = 59

Crappy pics, I know. I was all by my lonesome self out there.