HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TEAM #25 - Springtime Assasins
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 02:17 PM
jepcho
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TEAM #25 - Springtime Assasins

Well i told you a took a my second and final bird of the season here in Iowa. Last saturday, I was hunting with a buddy of mine. I'm all tagged out in Iowa. It was a very exciting hunt. I called in two birds right after flydown. They came from 150-200 yards away in a matter of minutes. We both dropped one at about 12 yards! It was my first double. It was a blast. I've been out helping a buddy who is a first timer the last few days and the hunting has been good. I've put him in gun range of a turkey every time out but he is determined to only take his bow so havent connected yet. Next year I should be back at it in Missouri. Here are his stats. 21lbs, .5" spurs, 8" beard total score of 47. I havent got the pics back from my buddy yet but will post one as soon as I do and then will get my score posted on the score sheet. Good luck to everybody still hunting. Hope to see a few more success stories on here. Our season closes next sunday and I plan on hunting with a buddy next weekend to close her out. I haven't been out that much due to having a brand new baby born in march. Next year I'll be back at it full throttle though.