HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are the 5 biggest hunting myths?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Bernie P.
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are the 5 biggest hunting myths?

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: Bernie P.

Sure if you take it to the extreme- .22 vs .50 you'll see a difference but I seriously doubt any animal shot with my 7x57 or .280 would go more than a few yards farther if any than one hit with a .50 cal.Me and my friends often use tree stands while bow hunting deer but a couple never use a blind or camo for turkeys and that's with a shotgun.Rifle's arent allowed here in NY for turkey.I always wear camo when hunting turkeys (Even my Mberg 835 has the Mossy Oak finish.) and most everything else as do most of my buds.Never heard of Tred Barta and from what you say glad of it.Good luck!
If your friends are that good where they can kill turkeys in jeans and a t-shirts, that's awesome!
I wouldn't say they were that good or anything.Nobody in their right mind would wear T's during turkey season up here.Either it's to cold for that or the evil Black flys,skeeters,and Deer flys will eat you alive.They wear long sleeved plaid shirts,dark colored sweat shirts or light jackets.