HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Whitehorn
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Broadheads Do You Shoot?

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

Cant believe no one here uses sonics, I LOVE EM! Ive killed 3 deer so far w/ them. Busted through both shoulders of a 200# buck like he was made of soft butter.Sharp as hell and the bloodtrails are awsome for such a small head. They fly better than any other head Ive ever used and theyre about 40$ for 6 which aint too bad IMO. Ive heard people say they had the blades peel back but I suspect they didnt thighten the lock ring enough which is crucial w/ this head. I never had a problem w/ them.
I started using the Buckmaster 100 grains last fall to try them out.. Used to use First Cuts before that.. I was really impressed with them, flew exceptionally well and they are much tougher than expected.. I didn't kill anything last fall but we did go antelope hunting and I had quite a few misses and the broadheads did hit rocks and stuff in the ground.. All they needed was either a little love on the stone or strope, or a blade replacment. No head came apart nor did any blades curl. Will be using them again this fall.