HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Browning X-Bolt JUNK!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 AM
upgrayedd

Default Browning X-Bolt JUNK!!!!

Hi, everyone.I post at under the same username.
I'm obviously new 'round here but wanted to pass this along to anyone that cares to listen.
My father just gifted me a BRAND new Browning X-Bolt rifle (7mm rem mag) 4 months ago and I got to go out and put here through the paces at distances topping out at 3oo-400 yards.
We shot FACTORY Hornady loads randing from 139, 154 and 169 gr weights.
At around 300 yds, the bullets began to "keyhole" on paper and some even went through sideways!!
My brother and a friend ALSO shot with the same results.
I put 4 boxes of ammo through this rifle over 2 days and the results were the same at the longer distances.
We checked the Crown, barrel and rifling in the barrel and all seemed to be in order.

I called Browning(after speaking with several people on several occasions) only to be told "...Browning can only gaurantee M.O.A. at 100 yds..."
Nor would they issue me a return authorization.

This is an insult to hunters and SHAMEFUL!!! A brand new product that doesnt WORK...one would think that a company like Browning, that enjoys alot of prestige in this industry, would Jump all over this, no questions asked??

Heck, Springfield Armory replaced the barrel, bushing and reparked my 5 year old mil-spec FOR FREE because I simply called to ask them about "scheduled maintenance" on the pistol!!!
THEN, SA ALSO offered to re-melonite my older XD40 because the finish wore off all over...FOR FREE!!!!

..too bad that SA doesnt make a 7mm rem mag bolt rifle, huh?

I shoulda bought a Remington.

BUYER BEWARE!!!