HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting research paper
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 AM
chrowski
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting research paper

In some majors your ability to find scholarly sources will greatly reflect your ability to perform on the job. Finding credible sources is costly and time consuming at the least, but in the end will make your research more legitimate and creditworthy. I suggest you keep hobbies as hobbies, but in the event you 'must' write about hunting you must also consider whom you are asking for help. Most of the articles you'll receive via hunting.net members will incredibly biased, because people enjoy getting informed by their slant of the topic. Example: politically based radio shows.

So, now that we've got that out of the way...research takes time. The more time you put in, the more informed you'll be about your topic. Therefore if you are a bio major you should write about something bio related even if this paper is for english class. If you put in serious time, you could get published in journals, if not scholarly journals. This is a serious resume booster. Don't ask your fellow hobbyists to help you out in a subject we're all obviously biased in favor of, pick something where your exposure is maximal, yet pure. Your college career will thank you for it.

And if this is all for high school......go nuts on whatever illegitimate sources you can find....don't forget to give credit to your sources where it's due!!

PS~don't rip appart my grammar for I'm not an english major...anyone on this website who'd like to talk about economics is more than welcome to pick this fight .