HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My hunting/shooting shack
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 AM
jayroc

Default RE: My hunting/shooting shack

And this was for the 2008 season
The materials I used was either reclaimed building materials, things my friends had, or stuff that was left over from previous projects and were in my garage. The tower is 5'x8' with a 9/12 pitch roof, 7' sidewalls, with a loft for storage. Below is 8'x10' with 2x10 treated floor joists, 7' sidewalls and 9/12 pitch vaulted ceiling . The addition is 8'X 8' with vaulted ceiling and plexiglass in the gable end. The whole thing is insulated and the first room has been paneled. I built a 8'x10' gable roof to cover up my tractor, (Ford 3000), but that soon became the patio area. It has been wired for electric which I plug into a 1000 watt, 110 power inverter, cigarette lighter plug connected to 12 volt car batterys. I had it on battery power during the deer season. A fresh battery will power her for 4 to 5 hours if I watch TV/VHS which by the way I did watch Nascar and football. I also have a 1250 watt generator that I use when we are entertaining friends and family and more lights are needed in the beer garden. Most Friday and Saturday evenings you can find us unwinding around the firepit, enjoying an adult beverage, BBQin, and enjoying our friends and families company.
JAYROC