HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Turkey Down! EDIT:*PICS added*
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 06:17 PM
8pt~Bowhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default Big Turkey Down! EDIT:*PICS added*

Big Turkey Down!

Story:

Friday morning, my dad, little brother and I were hunting a field without much luck. We called and called without one single response. We only saw a few hens - no jakes or toms.[>:]

Saturday morning we decided to sleep in because the turkeys weren't responding to our calls. To make a long story short I woke up at 6:45 and walked out the back door of my house only to hear *GOBBLE GOBBLE* This is ridiculous....

I run into the screen room, throw on my camo, (I think I broke some sort of record for how fast you can get fully dressed in camo.) Loaded the 870 EXPRESS 20 gauge with 3" magnum 6 shot, and I was off to the four wheeler.

Upon arriving at my hunting spot I get off the four wheeler and walk about 200yards up a trail. I hit my call and immediately I get a response, *GOBBLE* *GOBBLE* it sounded like he was only 80 yards away! I quickly keeled against a fallen log and waited for the turkey to make his way towards me. After about 2 minutes he came running through the woods straight at me!

I picked a spot between two trees........ *BOOM* I dropped him at 35 yards. This hunt took a grand total of 5 minutes from the time I got off my four wheeler to the time I killed him. Overall this was a very short but sweet hunt!

It looks like were having turkey for dinner!