HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Beezer
Typical Buck

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Are you serious with that statement??

yes..very serious..I worked at jails and bootcamps...and been alone with them..any of them could have cleaned my clock...these threads are simply opinion oriented..This was just my opinion.. I seriously beleive in H E L L and would think real hard before sending one there. I wasn'tin NOrth Carloinaand may have shot the man myself..but I'm just saying I personally would do my best to advoid shooting if I could. We are all different so it should not offend you if I'm different than you .I 'm not offended at anyone elses opinions so I beleive I should be shown the same respect..to have an opinion as well.
C7
Don't take this the wrong way Chuck, but please remember this statement when someone may happen to be beating your brains out with a stick. Do you think an effective stance from the responding officer would be to back out of stick range and "discuss" the situation? Or, should he promptly attempt to stop the beating using his training, tactics and available weapons?

Once again, not everyone knows the entire situation here, that's agreed by all discussing it. But, there's going to pretty much be an overwhelming agreement that if this man pointed a gun at an officer and told him he'd kill him, then it's justifiable. If he'll threaten an officer, he'll threaten anyone. What happens if the officer had retreated and the man pointed the gun at someone else who happened to walk or drive through the area?

If the situation is as told, the officer did his job without hesitation and to the best of his ability and judgement as he was trained and he's alive today for it. A State Trooper I knew once told me his main goal was to protect the people without dying on the side of a dirty highway and he'd do anything to achieve it. I'm sure this officer's goal is to do his job just the same, without dying in some old man's dirty field. As they say, it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.