HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Peck1524
Fork Horn

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

I /m a teacher and deal with all kinds..most of my kids get anger management ..I as a professional can push their buttons and get them to act out ; which results in a suspension for them or.. I can work with them and try to defuse every situation..I do that..I've seen cops on Cops do the same..most exert their authority but some display a compasionate heart and try to defuse the situation..

Most of us know the effective range of a turkey shot gun..When the GW realized what he was dealing with..he could have backed up out of the kill zone and radioed for help.Many 75 year old folks are on medication and probably aren't thinking so sharply. Usually time will help this situation ...I just think dealing with some folks you need to have a little more patience..You can 't use the same tactics in dealing with everyone..not if your the least bit interested in people's lives.
C7
Are you serious with that statement?? We may never know what actually transpired that day, but if someone points a gun at an officer I really don't think that officer should asses the weapon, realize the effective killing range of that weapon, proceed out of that killing range and then radio for help.When dealing with someone who is pointing a gun at you, there is no patience. Patience could have gotten that GW killed.