HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
cahaba

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

Chuck7 wrote:
Many 75 year old folks are on medication and probably aren't thinking so sharply. Usually time will help this situation ...I just think dealing with some folks you need to have a little more patience..You can 't use the same tactics in dealing with everyone..not if your the least bit interested in people's lives.
C7
I agree with you to a point. To argue with an elderly gentleman for 15 min. is not right. He should have been in handcuffs long before that. You wont argue with a P.O. that long. If they argued for that long why did the elderly man even be allowed to have a firearm in his hands. Most officers wont argue with you period. They diffuse the situation with a quickness. Im a law abiding citizen and would never argue with a warden or any official of the law. I read one place where it said the officer retreated. Why didn't he get out of there and call for help? Why did the elderly man wait 15 minutes before he pulled his firearm,which he should have never done?I'm not saying who was right or wrong cause I don't know. The experts will sort it out. I bet the warden has alot of "what if's" in his mind.