HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-18-2009, 03:22 PM
kpatte26
Fork Horn

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

Such a sad day for everyone involved...
Here is my .02 cents on what I have read.
I wonder why the family was allowed to put a piece in the paper on how great a person the 76 y/o man was. For instance there was a 16 y/o boy shot and killed in a neighboring town.The family and friends said the boy was such a wonderful person. The newspaper discoveredYouTube video of the kid belonging to a gang and in addition after the police investigation was completed it showed the kid was involved in an armed robbery... How wonderful is that?
I have to agree with FIRELT that if you keep your cool, remain calm, and do as you’re told it is rare you will get injured.
When it comes to wildlife officials being able to enter property here in PA I do believe they can go on without a warrant. Personally I would rather have a warrant... it just makes a case stronger.
Whether he was wearing camo or a full uniform is aside from the point... It may make it harder to identify but I am sure that the officer can provide identification if asked for it. I am sure he would have his badge along with department identification if he was conducting an investigation.
I would also like to verbally blast the people who are disrespecting the LEO in this situation. We as hunters, trappers, and outdoorsmen should strive to uphold the game laws every second of our lives. Whether we agree with them or not... Here in PA we have antler restrictions, do I like it?Not really but I obey the law.
We also need to remember that if someone points a gun at you what your initial reaction might be... I can honestly say that if someone points a gun at me I plan on going home to my family, friends, and my beloved pets.