HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spine Test results from tonite
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spine Test results from tonite

The G.M. over @ Victory was none too happy with my spine-test results (I posted them over at EAF as there were several folks there waiting for them)

Here si his reply

I have also tested over 20 dozen of our competitors arrows and found the in straightness and weight match per dozen Victory can’t be beat! The spine deviation between arrows to arrows was very tight on the CT and closely followed by Victory. But for the cost of other brands compared to Victory you will not find a better arrow. I also shot a dozen arrows that had a spine deviation of over +/-.025” and found very little impact difference 1/8”. I also shot a dozen arrows that had a weight difference of +/- 5 grains and found only a slight difference of impact of the arrow. ¼” tops. These tests where performed out of a Hooter Shooter type shooting machine with an Elite GT-500. I know you might think I am bias since I work for Victory but let me assure you Victory only wants to build the best arrow on the market that is why we test other brands. I have also seen test that people have done on other product that we make and they don’t know that and they tell us that the other brand is betterJ This gets me every time. How can something like the Lumen-Arrow from Lumen-Nok test better when we make them?? We currently make over 10 different Private Labels of arrows; so be very carefull before you bash

And my response-
Not bashing Bart- just stating results. I've been doing this for a long time. I don't care who makes what or "names". Just tolerances.

P.S. I see alot of "shot out of a machine" remarks. Remove the human element- as a way to prove whatever results a manufacturer wants.

When I start rolling up a Hooter shooter to the line, or in the treestand to make my shots then I will care about "machine shot". Until that time, I will take tight spine tolerance because THAT is what makes an arrow FORGIVING TO HUMAN ERROR/FORM. We are not machines.

For that matter I have personally witnessed Jim Despart shoot better with his bow than his Hooter Shooter did. Why? his bow/arrows are tuned to his human error/form.
The interesting thing he has not responded to any more inquiries/comments/questions that others have for him. (in particular the "10 Private labels" they build arrows for -Goldtip & Vapor are the obvious, I suspect they build some of the really off brands like Forge,etc)