HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Calling Crows
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 07:19 AM
haystack
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crows

It might not be nothing wrong with your calling, could be technique though. If the crows can see you when you start calling, they will leave no matter how good you can call, especially if they are being called in and shot at by hunters in your area. You wrote that they was making alot of noise when you noticed them, most likely they had spotted a threat, if crows see something that preys on them or their nest they will get agitated and call in backup. I've seen them act that way when they spot a snake, house cat, fox, hawks/owls, basically any predator. And rarely will they leave that threat and respond to a call. Also, I have no love for a crow, but they are a Federally protected specie and most states have a season, make sure they can be shot this time of year. If they are causing crop damage, there is a both a state and federal code that allows them to be killed anytime, but you need to inform the authoritys first. I'm not sayin anybody is breaking the law, just a heads up for someone who may not know. Hope that helps. JM2C