HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden
Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 AM
firelt72
Typical Buck

Default RE: 76 yr old turkey hunter killed by game warden

Dog Killer- This site and other sites are like eating chicken- You pick off the good stuff and throw out the bones. I am disappointed that there is the anti-law sound to this thread. As I have said if the CO was found to be guilty I think he should be dealt with, but until the facts are out there we don't paint with a broad brush.
I ask this are there bad officers, firefighter and teachers- Sure there are...but the majority of those folks do the right thing. If you take a cross section of any profession you will fine 3-4 per 100 that are screw ups or unethical, most do the right thing. We preach ethical behavior to the kids and to the anti-hunting establishment but when we are here and somewhat anonymous our real nature comes out....Now I am not bailing on this site; I really like it here, but some of us need to look in the mirror and say what would I do if now one was watching? I am not trying to make myself look better but my experiences are what I have; Last season I had a field full of Toms in front of me....I wasn't 100% sure if that was a field I could hunt. I tried calling them to me, but didn't get it done. I hated not getting a shot. I know know that it was a field I can hunt...I could have gone into it to hunt last years, but didn't...I know this year LOL. Point being is I'd rather miss an opportunity to take a bird/deer or whatever and have my integrity than kill a monster and know I did it wrong. Te guy that died could have stopped the whole situation if he followed the orders...even if the CO/GW was rude and rough he would be alive today PERIOD. You don't get shot following the rules the officer gives you.