HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

First off, if there is such a thing as bigfoot, which i dont believe there is, i would not think it is a very good idea to shoot it if you saw it in the woods. The reason i say this is what if it is some person in a big foot costume trying to scare the crap out of you and you shot it??? And even worse, what if it was a friend or family member trying to scare you while you was out hunting and you shot him? Yes Getting in a costume and trying to scare a friend who has a gun or bow is not very smart because of the possibility that they will shoot you but there are still people out there that would do it and not think about that. I know that if i shot at what i thought was bigfoot and then went up to look at it and found out that it was my best friend i would be pretty devastated not to mention i would be going to jail.

You do make a good point, there are some people who dress up in those gilly camo outfits and someone trigger happy to kill bigfoot or anything else that might be moving could take a shot at one of these hunters. I surely would never wear one of those camo outfits for that very reason! However, I really don't think there are that many people out there that even give something like bigfoot a second thought. I could see very, very few people dressing up in a costume just to play pranks. Maybe if they knew people like those here who claimed to have seen a bigfoot, they might be tempted to pull a prank on them, but just to run around the woods dressed up like bigfoot I can't see happening very often if ever. I think the odds of killing someone dressed up in a bigfoot costume are as slim as killing an actual bigfoot!