HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 AM
sabreshooter2

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

First off, if there is such a thing as bigfoot, which i dont believe there is, i would not think it is a very good idea to shoot it if you saw it in the woods. The reason i say this is what if it is some person in a big foot costume trying to scare the crap out of you and you shot it??? And even worse, what if it was a friend or family member trying to scare you while you was out hunting and you shot him? Yes Getting in a costume and trying to scare a friend who has a gun or bow is not very smart because of the possibility that they will shoot you but there are still people out there that would do it and not think about that. I know that if i shot at what i thought was bigfoot and then went up to look at it and found out that it was my best friend i would be pretty devastated not to mention i would be going to jail.

Second, i have had a few weird things happen to me while in the woods but the one that stands out the most was a few months back when me and one of my buddies and our girlfriends. We was playin in the mud with our four wheelers when we heard this person pretty close to us shooting what sounded like a .22 rifle. We didnt really think much of it and kept on playin around untill it started gettin closer to us.. We started to yell because we didnt want the person shooting at us. Well the shots just kept getting closer so me and my buddy told our girlfriends to get out of there. Me and my buddy had just gotten one of the four wheelers stuck so we was tryin to get it out of the mud when we started to hear bullets flyin past our heads and hittin the ground beside us. We jumped in a ditch for a little bit untill he stopped shootin for a while. After the shooting stopped we went and got the four wheeler unstuck real quick and hauled butt out of there and as we was leaving we could hear him shooting at us again... That wasnt really a weird thing that happened but pretty crazy.. It is just crazy to think what some people will do these days...

JT