HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pretty Little Girl now has a boyfriend.....(page 3)
Old 04-09-2009, 04:06 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: This pretty little girl showed up today.......

awesome looking decoys matt!!!

i was wondering like maytom, how do they carry?? looks like they are hard plastic?? maybe not?

i definitely dont think id carry that jake in PA lol....

heck, i quit hunting with decoys period because of the hunter population....i was working a bird and had a hen decoy 20yds away on a small gasline...the bird was roosted down the gasline and as soon as it broke light and i knew he could see, i did a flydown and he absolutely lost it...i know he seen her standing there....very rarely do you hear a bird go as nuts as he did on the roost....

i hear crunching towards the area of my decoy....my heart starts racing...then i noticed the bird completely shut down...i look past the decoy and theres the cause...2 morons practically belly crawling...between me and them is a decoy....judging by their actions, i knew being between them and a decoy was no safe place to be. i laid down and rolled out of the way while reaching for all the orange i had...i made it out of there alive and to this day i doubt they knew i was even there...just wasnt a situation i ever wanna be in again...i honestly felt that if they seen the decoy silloeted that i was in danger...that was enough for me. and for the record, this is supposed to be pretty sealed up private land...i dont know where those morons snuck in from...