HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin Deer Hunters
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
outdoorsman4life_103
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wisconsin Deer Hunters

lol. you guys think earn -a-buck is so bad?? I dont know if you all have heard, but they are bringing a vote this idea for the 2009 bowhunting season.. basically- its an all antler less season except opening weekend and the 2 weeks during the rut. but seein as how the DNR is incapable of figuring out when the rut is and the rut varies every year based on weather and that kind of stuff, they are basically going to completeley F*** up WI bowhunting. I dont know why they don't realize what they are doing, but it is stupid. I hunt near Necedah where we have the fastest growing wolf pack in WI. (Silough wolf pack) and we did not see a single deer for 9 weekends in a row. It is getting pathetic. and now because we couldnt kill any deer because the wolves drove them off, we are on teh ear-a-buck watch zone. Also, another reason people are not seeing deer is because for the past 5 years, the state has not accounted for winter severity and kill off. I went shed hunting this past weekend and found 11 diferent dead deer killed from winter on just 100 acres. That is ALOT of deer!! I think if the DNR would just leave the population alone, and let nature take over for a season or two, they would become more popular and the deer herd would be able to reheal..