HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS
Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 AM
huntingson
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

My name is Cal Stucky, owner of Sage Mountain Outfitters. For six months now huntingson and his buddies have been bashing me and my operation on the hunting net. Itis time for me to respond.When I talked to him on the phone after he sent me a nasty letter, I tried to explain to him why the guide, Dan Antila, had told him not to shoot. I said I wouldn't argue with him as to the distance of the shot, Dan says 60 yards, Jim Davis, better known to everyone on the hunting net as huntingson, says 45 yards. with a 30 plus mile per hour wind and the last few minutes of light, a 60 yard shot or even a 45 yard shot should not be considered. Both Dan Antila and I know of the horror stories these kinds of shots produce, especially at a wonderful bull in the 380 class. I told him that I thought this was an unethical shot and he would not find anyone with experience that would disagree with me. He said he would do his best to put me out of business but he has not been truthful and has not had much success as far as putting me out of business.

[/align]
In 2009 when many of the Montana Outfitters are only 60-70% booked, I am booked 100% with over 70% of these hunters being return clients. At the ranch where huntingson hunted, I have 10 hunters booked. seven of them have been there before.

[/align]
I think that it is important for hunters to do their home work when planning for a hunt. Don't book a hunt just from what you saw on a hunting show or pass on an outfitter solely from one disgruntled hunter on the hunting net. If an outfitter can only give you a couple references, you should have your doubts . Anyone who is interested can e-mail me at [email protected] for a list of the other 29 hunters that hunted with me in 2008.

[/align]

[/align]
Thanks for your time

[/align]
Cal Stucky

[/align]
Sage Mountain Outfitters

[/align]
Cal,
I appreciate that you took the time to respond. Unfortunately you and I both know that you continue to lie, and that is truly a shame at this point in the game. Luckily, I have a copy of my letter that I will post so everyone can see how "nasty" it was. Also, I never told you that I was going to try to put you out of business. Luckily, the copy of my letter should be enough to show everyone that you are fighting on the side of lies and half-truths, and I am fighting only for what is right. I hope your business does very well, but more importantly, I hope you treat your clients better than you treated us. If that is all that results from all of this, then it was well worth the effort and time. A
Also, you should have noted that I had used a laser rangefinder to determine the yardage, and Dan Antilla "eyeballed" it b/c he did not have a rangefinder with him. Just a minor detail that you left out.
If you notice the responses to your post you willnotice they were similar to my responses on the phone, such as "this is amazing","I can't believe this", etc. All you had to do wasbe a decent person, apologize that we did not enjoy ourselves but you cannot do anything about it.Instead, you decided that it would be a best business practice toinsult someone who had legitamite concerns and problems with the very expensive hunt he hadjusttaken with your outfitting company.

A copy of the letter to follow. Everyone can judge for themselves.