HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Paper tuning?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 10:45 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Paper tuning?

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I set up a bow this weekend, then paper tuned it. Then I put a broadhead on one arrow and left a FP on the other. They hit side by side at 35 yards. Didn't feel like I wasted my time . How does BH tuning work out if you only have 10-15 yds to shoot in? When a personbuys a "tuned" bow from a pro shop or has a pro shop tune their bow for them how do you think the pro shop tunes the bow? How many bowhunters %-wise actually tune their own bow? Better yet how many bowhunters even care about a tuned bow? I would rather a guy paper tune than not at all and I certainly won't tell him he's wasting his time.

A guy asks a paper tuning question and, instead of answering the question, people tell him he is wasting his time. I can imagine what would happen if a guy asked about BH tuning andsome folkstold him he was wasting his time LOL.
A little testy there Bruce, I see your point though, if you don't have 50yds to shoot or even 30 will work, then paper-tuning is great option, but I just know the LOTS of guys paper tune, then end up moving things a little to get BH's where they need them. If that's the case, then it seems that you might as well just BH tune if you have the space available to do it. Plus, I think BH tuning is a touch easier as long as you have the arrow spined right.