HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Max COL 300RUM you would safely load
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 02:46 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Max COL 300RUM you would safely load

I have had three of them. Never had a feed problem. I never met too many with them either. As far as the powder, goes, the average is 13gr extra. As far as recoil, I happen to have access to both a 300Weatherby and 300RUM. Still waiting for someone to show up for the challenge of betting me they can tell the difference in recoil with the same bullet, same pressures. And hey, they are both remingtons. Any takers. I can' t tell the difference with most loads. I was shooting Re25 and 200Swift A-Frames for moose hunting and could tell the slight difference.

Factory ammo, lets see, I can get 200gr Nosler Partitions for my 300RUM for 31 dollars. Guess how much for Weatherby? Guess how much for Weatherby brand with Nosler Partitions. And far as speed, I don' t find my most accurate load at the max pressures. For example, my .5MOA load is 180gr Nosler Partition and 93gr of H1000 with a 250 primer. It shoots 3090fps on average. The weatherby is 83gr Compressed of H1000 with a 180gr Nosler Partition with average velocity of 3050fps.

So, could you explain further what you meant. Surely you jest.