HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CaMirrorâ„¢
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 AM
walks with a gimp

Default RE: CaMirrorâ„¢

I just checked my Guardian at brace with the CaMirror to make sure it was on and it was about 1/2 the thickness of the string off, about 1/2 a twist so I didn't mess with it. I then determined where the exact center of the string was by measuring from each axle (right at 17 inches) at brace. I only needed to pull the bottom knot down on my loop to give about an 1/8" gap between the bottom loop knot and my tied-in nock set so I could put the hook on in my crank board to check the bow at full draw. I drew the bow back until the first mod contact and then checked the cam rotation with the CaMirror. What I found was that there was just about the same difference between the top and bottom cam at full draw as there was at brace, about 1/2 the thickness of the string. This test showed definately that if the cams are in sync at brace, they are in sync also at full draw.

I pulled from the exact center of the string with the crankboard so I could get the exact same string angles above and below the hook of the cable. If I would have pulled from the normal above the center nock point, the string angle would have been slightly steeper above the nock point as compared to below the nock point. This would have given me false readings with the CaMirror.

Onside note, everytime I put a bow in my crank board I feel like I'm tortureing it[:@]The CaMirror is much kinder and faster