HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody here this good of shot?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 AM
bowdoc1

Default RE: Anybody here this good of shot?

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

yes, I think I could do that again ( I shoot trad now ) ....... the bow is designed to shoot that good, its a high letoff and triggered release ....... sorry, that video doesn't wow me at all
Thats baloney when I shot a recurve bow andI could shoot group like that and my longest bow kill was with a recurve bow. I had a 300 averageand at60 yards there was a lot of us around that could. Shooting trad. is not a excuse to shoot bad they are just as accurate as a compound bow.I'm 62 and yes I can shoot like that with my compound target bow set 65 lbsand I know a lot of archers thatcan. The video didn't do any thing for me he is a good shot, but in the last 45 year I have seen a ton of guys that shoot like that and wondered way it was a big deal.I can remember once seeing two guys on the practice range putting all there arrows inside ofa plastic coffee cupon the80 yard targetwith recurves at a national field shoot in the 70's and one of them was a finger shooter with a50 lb target bow and was pulling through a clicker and Robin Hooded one of his own arrows that day at 80 yards. Any bow is just as accurate as the archer behind it no matter if it's a recurve are compound. In the early IBO days I remember seeing a guy in the Easton eagle eye shoot off under the lightswith a long bow out shoot all the compounds, release, scopes and so onwith a long bow instinctive at long ranges.