HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broken Pecker
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 05:31 PM
677vdrive

Default RE: Broken Pecker

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I was about to drop $$ on a hen and jake set..........yikes.
How do they come packaged? Is it just chucked in a box with a little plastic around it or what?
For that kind of money they need to protect it a little better than that obviously and it's making me question the durability for actual hunting.

Absolutely unacceptable.[&o]
Matt/PA
I talk with Brad @ DSd Decoys he told me they have had a few of the jakes that customers had broken heads & beaks during shipping. Dsd had no problem sending me another decoy, it shouldbe atmy house on Tuesday, the problem is they are packing them in the foam peanuts and the decoys will work down to the end of the box, then one good throw from the UPS man and it breaks the head or beak. Brad also said they are working on a spray foam like packing to ship their decoys in the future.

I was a little weary on droping that much money on a couple of decoys, but after seeing these things you guys would not believe the detail I think they are worth every penny (just my opinion). The customer service is worth something, made in the USA is another thing that is also hard to find these days. I would tell everyone out there if you can afford they they are worth it..

Thanks Tony K........