HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?
Old 03-20-2009, 04:19 AM
N2D

Default RE: Weirdest thing you've had happen to you in the woods?

One morining last season before daylight I climbed up into my tree and had sat there about ten minutes. All of a sudden, konk......... right on the right side of my head just above my ear. It was a fairly hard hit that startled me. At first I thought something had fallen from the top of the tree. Then I realized it could not have hit me that hard on the side of my head. Then all of a sudden, Konk... right on my forehead and this one was a definate hard lick. It was just barely getting daylight by then when I got a faint look at some kind of bird that made another run at me so close I could feel the wind from it. So I stood up, took off my hat and started waving my arms. Whatever it was it never did come back. When I got home I told my wife about it. She began laughing and looked at my scalp and there were three claw marks on the side of my head and I had been bleeding some. I called my friend that is the land owner and accused him of having a trained attack whipporwill.