HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Gun
Thread: Which Gun
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
DocHunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Gun

How can you expect anyone to answer with just ONE? I love all my guns. My Remington BDL-LH .270 is my tack-driving deer and most other large game rifle that was my first center-fire rifle, obtained about 1976. My Ruger #1 7x57 gives the satisfaction of one shot and performance almost equal to the .270 in handloads. The Marlin 336 .30-30 is a nostalgic friend. My Ruger Mini-30 with a Hogue replacement stock was one of my first thumb-in-the-eyes to the anti-Second Amendment nuts who want to ban so-called "assault rifles" (but I still want a black rifle too!) (and adequate for deer as well.) My T/C White Mountain Carbine and my T/C Encore 209x50 satisfy my desire to take advantage of muzzleloading seasons. I have multiple .22's including my very first gun, a Marlin Crown Prince single shot given to me by my grandfather when I was 11 years old, a Marlin 39A that I won at a DU event that is a gem, a Ruger 10/22 (doesn't everybody have one of those?) In addition, there is a Ruger Mini-14, a Ruger #3 Carbine (my favorite varmint gun), an antique double-barrel caplock muzzleloading shotgun that I have killed a turkey with last season, a Colt SAA in .38 Special, Colt Detective, Colt Agent, an Interarms .44 Mag. SAA with which I have killed deer, a few other .22 handguns of mostly nondescript nature, and my personal concealed carry weapon, a Walther PPK-S. I am sure I have left out something, but you see what I mean. You can talk about one best all-around gun or a favorite gun all you want, but why limit your pleasure that way?