HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which kind for me (new law)
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:30 AM
smokepolehall
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which kind for me (new law)

all strings will have to be changed out over time and use, servings reserved. yes the higher poundage causes lots of string/limb shock & it wears on the strings & cables of those that have them. string left on too long, signs when you see bad wear on serving reserve, broken strands replace string. compound type stretch will cause some cam out if timing. should be able to put on press and twist til its in time again. recurves just twist up til its back on brace measurement. its always good to have one or two extra strings on hand. does a compound have longer string/serving life one of my wheel toting friends here will have to answer that. i get 400-800 shots with my vixen before it needs reserved when i use heavy arrows. if i use light arrows then its 150 on up for serving replacement. i had my original string on vixen for 9 years and it broke a couple strands when i put it on my phoenix and shot a few hundered times. ask all your ?"s here not at a store. be informed prior to being helped by a sales person. which CB you will know when you pick it up and feel its balance. cranks are the easyest way to cock any CB just takes abit longer. if not in any hurry then thats the way to go. as the years and body wear down cranks make it so nice to shoot your CB. with that in mind poundage is not a problem. advice the more poundage the more abuse limbs and string receive for the speed you get. its all trade offs. i don't own the biggest poundage CB from Excal cause it uses up string & servings too fast for this poor man. i have to be frugal as i am also on fixed income.