HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Having trouble with vane glue!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 06:46 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Having trouble with vane glue!

ou must have done something crazy because I have used the same tube for a couple years.

You probably just had glue in the nozzle,clean it out with a toothpick and all is fine.
no im pretty much a fanatic about re- sealing any glue-expoxy or silicon tubes. the fletch tite dried in the tube . the whole tube was hardened. i dont do many arrows a year. i only do 2 or3 dozen arrows a year and it dried out in between 6- months or so. kinda stinks when most of these glues are near 10$ a tube. the goat tuff lasted about 2 years without a problem before it lost its stick properties. i talked to the owner of goat tuff and he explained that all crazy glues go bad after a while and that he wanted to to start dating his glues for freshness. he also told me that if you clean with denatured alcohol to let the shaft dry overnight. it seems that even though the shaft looks dry the alcohol gets into the pores of the surface. my advice if you dont do many arrows a year is to buy the smallest tube and get a fresh one every year.