HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Attention! Houndsmen or Cat hunters be cautious of WOLVES!
Old 03-15-2009, 03:43 PM
clucknquack44

Default Attention! Houndsmen or Cat hunters be cautious of WOLVES!

I am from Montana and hunt species of all sorts. I do not own hounds myself but run with friends frequently. Here in western MT we are in a wolf delemma. Too many wolves with no management of any kind. We turned outthat morning on a freshlion track andit wasn't long before we were on a dead run. The dogs were seperated from us (out of hearing distance) for less than a half an hour. When we tracked their radio collars we found both were killed and one wounded. The wolves came from virtually out of no where, did their business and left. Both dogs that died were dear to their owners. There is no management plan on the wolves and they are multiplying rapidly making our big game numbers drop drastically. Please spread the word this is a terrible situation but something must be done. This is the eleventh dog to wolf encounter this year alone in our county. Most have resulted in death. This hasraisedquite a contraverse here close to hope hitting the paper and prime time news.I will try and get some photos uploaded asap. They are too large of a file. Thanks for your concern to raise wolf awareness!!!!